Wednesday 28 November 2012

Banana and white chocolate brownies

White chocolate brownies are no where near as common as they should be! They are soooo nice, quite sweet but lovely non the less. When making these recently I also had a banana that was fairly brown, which had been bothering me, I hate having a browning banana lying around looking sorry for itself, so I decided to make banana and white chocolate brownies, lets see what that turns out like...

This is the recipe I used:

• 100g butter or margarine
• 100g white chocolate chips
• 1 egg
• 1 mashed overripe banana
• 150g caster sugar
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 100g self raising flour

I heated the electric fan oven to 160c and greased a small to medium baking tin.
In a medium saucepan melt the butter completely, once melted remove from hob and immediately add choc chips, stir until melted, leave this to one side to cool.
In the meantime in a mixing bowl, beat an egg, then stir in the mashed banana, vanilla and sugar.
Once butter mixture has cooled for 5-10min stir into the banana mixture, mix well. To this mixture add the flour and mix until all the flour is mixed in. Spread out evenly in the baking tray and cook for about 15-20min until 98% cooked then turn off oven and leave in hot oven for a further 10min to finish off. It should be light golden brown on top.
It won't rise very much, don't worry they are not meant to!
Leave to cool completely before cutting. I would imagine these wound be quite nice with some sort of frosting, I've not tried it so can't say either way really.
They are not gooey and chewy like some brownies, they are more cakey and fluffy, maybe because I used self raising flour? I will try plain next time and report back!

The crazies certainly liked the smell of them that's for sure! And Mr picky likes them so they must be ok.





No comments:

Post a Comment